This tasty combination of fig, cheese, and prosciutto combined with fresh apples and lettuce makes a salad big enough for dinner. For this recipe we like a crisp juicy eating apple like Terhune Orchards’ Crimson Crisp, Gala, or Fuji.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fig preserves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces (10 cups) mesclun
- 1 apple, cored, halved, and sliced thin
- ½ cup blanched hazelnuts, toasted and chopped coarse
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto,torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- Whisk oil, vinegar, preserves, salt, and pepper together in bowl.
- Toss mesclun, apple, hazelnuts, and 6 tablespoons vinaigrette together in large bowl. Divide salad evenly among 4 dinner plates. Top each salad with 1 ½ ounces prosciutto and ¼ cup goat cheese. Serve, passing remaining vinaigrette separately.