This delicious creamy sauce enhanced by the apple in our Terhune Orchards Apple Wine makes a flavorful meal.
- 4 leg quarters of chicken
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp of seasoning salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups Terhune Orchards Apple Wine
- 16 oz of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 1 box of penne
- 1 or 2 cups of broccoli florets
- In a large pan, heat a couple of tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil. Season the chicken quarters and place in the hot oil. Cook chicken till done or internal temp reads 165°
- Transferring chicken to a warming pan, take the onion and garlic cloves that you have chopped and sauté in the same pan as the chicken. Turning the heat to low add to the flour. Make a roux (you want it to look like wet sand).
- When to the correct consistency, add the chicken stock, wine, and heavy cream. Cook till bubbly and hot. Add the chicken back to the sauce.
- Boil the water for the penne. Add the pasta and the broccoli to the same pan. (This really saves time and dishes!). Cook till the pasta is done to your liking. Add olive oil to avoid sticking.
- Place pasta and chicken in a serving dish and top with the sauce (if the sauce is too thin just make a gravy with flour and the liquid to bring it to the thickness that you like.)