This recipe is fresh and delicious wrapped in Terhune Orchards Boston lettuce leaves. You can use the ground chicken in the recipe or substitute ground turkey for your own taste preference. We have both available from Griggstown Farm in our farm store.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 cup red or green pepper, diced
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and minced
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sweet chili sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp powdered ginger
- ¼ cup peanuts, crushed
- Lettuce or your favorite Asian salad
- Whisk together sauce ingredients until well combined. If you use a firmer peanut butter you may need to microwave the mixture for 30-60 seconds in order to melt it and ensure everything is well-mixed.
- Heat 2 tbsp peanut oil in a frying pan. Once hot, add ground chicken.
- Cook until some pieces are starting to brown. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is becoming translucent.
- Add the peppers and water chestnuts and cook about 5 minutes or until peppers are becoming soft.
- Add sauce and simmer on low heat until the chicken and veggies are evenly coated and everything is heated through.
- Serve in lettuce leaves, or over noodles or rice!