Perfect Peach Pie Entry-2013 by Jessica Longhi
Ingredients for Filling:
- 1 lb. Jersey fresh peaches, pitted, and sliced into wedges
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Pinch of kosher salt
Ingredients for Batter:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
Ingredients for Topping:
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Melt butter in a 2-quart baking dish.
- For the filling: combine peaches, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, cornstarch, and salt in a large saucepan. Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until thick and bubbly. Approximately 10 minutes. Set aside.
- For the Batter: Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add milk. Stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Pour prepared batter over melted butter in baking dish without stirring. Spoon prepared filling evenly over batter.
- Mix together topping. Whisk to combine granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over entire cobbler.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees until golden brown. Cobbler can be served warm or cool.