Summer ripened freestone peaches grill easily and can top both ice cream or a pizza to add summer flavor to year round favorites.
Set grill to medium heat
Peel and cut peach in half while removing the pit
Brush both sides of peach with melted butter
Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg
Grill 3-5 minutes per side.
We love to serve these grilled peaches with a side of vanilla ice cream but they can stand alone as well. You could also slice the grilled peaches and use them as topping on pizza but you might want to skip the spices if you use them in the recipe below.
- 4 cups bread flour, plus more for work surface
- 2 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon fast rising yeast
- 1 ⅓ cups ice water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for work surface
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- In food processor fitted with metal blade, process flour, sugar and yeast until combined, about 2 seconds. With machine running, slowly add water through feed tube; process until dough is just combined and no dry flour remains, about 10 seconds. Let dough stand for 10 minutes.
- Add oil and salt to dough and process until dough forms a satiny, sticky ball that clears sides of work bowl, 30-60 seconds. Remove dough and knead briefly on lightly oiled counter top until smooth, about 1 minutes. Shape dough into tight ball and place in large lightly oiled bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 3 days.
Prosciutto and peach pizza
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 Grilled Pizza Dough crusts
- 12 thin slices prosciutto, cut in half
- ⅓ cup fresh basil
- grilled peach slices
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
3. One hour before baking pizza, remove dough from refrigerator and divide in half. Shape each half into smooth, tight ball. Place on lightly oiled baking sheet, spacing them at least 3″ apart. Cover loosely with plastic wrap coated with non-stick spray; let stand for 1 hour.
4. Coat each ball of dough generously with flour and place on well floured counter top. Using fingers gently flatten into 8-10 inch circle.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or heat grill to medium). Sprinkle cheese on pizza crusts. Bake or grill, covered with lid, directly on grates, until cheese melts and is bubbling, about 8 minutes (time may vary slightly if grilling). Remove from oven or grill. Top with peaches, prosciutto, and basil. Drizzle with oil.