We love this quick and easy burger on weeknights. It is a bit unusual and really hits the spot for apple lovers!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 apple, grated
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
In a mixing bowl prepare salsa. Combine chopped apple, dried cranberries, apple cider vinegar, scallions, jalepenos, and cilantro. Stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To prepare burgers, add turkey, grated apple, cinnamon salt, pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix until just combined. Divide mixture into 4 portions, shaping each into a patty. Lightly coat a large skillet or grill pan with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Cook burgers 6 to 8 minutes per side or until done.
Serve on toasted buns with Apple Cranberry Salsa.