Avocados and apples for breakfast are a healthy combination that can give you lasting energy.
- 1 avocado
- 1 apple
- 1 TBL raisins
- 1 TBL Walnuts
- 1/2 TBL honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Peel and chop Terhune Orchards staymen winesap apple. Place in bowl with a drop of water. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds longer. This step will make the apples the same texture as the avocado but you can skip it if you want crunchy apples in your dish.
- Take apples out of microwave and cool in the fridge.
- While your apples are cooling, make honey sauce by mixing together honey, vanilla, and cinnamon, until well combined.
- Drain any water from your bowl of apples.
- Chop your avocado and add it to the apples.
- Pour honey sauce over avocados and apples.
- Add raisins and walnuts, and stir gently.
- Add a hard-boiled egg and some whole-wheat toast strips to make this a balanced breakfast, or serve as a side dish any time of day!